Friday, May 27, 2005

Things to do in Brainerd

So, today was...interesting.

I got to sleep in for the first time since I've been home, which was nice. I worked for 4 hours this afternoon at my high school job because they were desperate, and that was fine enough. My parents went to our cabin in Canada for the weekend, and my sister had to play in band for the BHS graduation ceremony. What did I do?

Well, first I spent like an hour and a half trying to find somebody to do something with, and then I had the brilliant idea that we should go and look at the new Brainerd Lakes Area Visitor's Center south of town, and it was going to be great. Then Erin and Seth bailed on me, so I went with Ashley and Hannah, and it was pretty cool. It would have been cooler if Ashley's crappy camera had worked, but we still got to read all of the posters, like the one that said to call 911 if you had an emergency, we hung out on the Paul Bunyan statue, and we made a loop around the entire building on the sidewalk. It would have been so much better if it had been daytime and there wasn't a State Trooper there.

Oh, before we did that, back when I was trying to find something to do, I Googled "things to do in Brainerd" and got this site, which says that the sculpture gardens on Evergreen Drive in Baxter are the 9th best thing to do in town. None of us had ever heard of these, so we went and looked for them, and came up empty. Then we went down Evergreen again, and still nothing. Then we went down one more time on our way back from the Visitor Centerm and we turned down this side road, and found this creepy junk yard type thing that we all thought looked like it would be the start of a scary movie. Then we went down another side street and it became a culdesac, but there aren't any houses on it, so we decided that we're going to grill there for the fourth of July.

Then, we went and walked around Super Wal-Mart for an hour, and Ashley and Hannah got visually molested by these creepy guys, and it was a good old time, and we found fabric for Hannah to make stuff out of, but she can't sew, and that's unfortunate, cause those clothes would've been amazing.

Then we came back to my house and had bars, and then they left, and now I'm writing this. If anyone wants to do anything at all tomorrow, let me know, because I am game for anything, especially if it's outside, because I want to be outside this weekend.

That is all.

4 comments:

P "N" K said...

Hypnosis @ gradblast was basically amazing.

"EWWWWW it tastes like NICK!"

.....ashley said...

hey mark i'm bored and it's raining wtf

Erik said...

Parker, you are right, damn right!! I have never seen anything so freaking awesome in all my years!! I am definitely going to find some excuse to hire that guy someday!!

Erik said...

Although I think Dustin would strip in front of 100's of people WITHOUT hypnotism.