Sunday, May 29, 2005

Seriously? They're real?

Tonight, the search for the lost sculpture gardens came to an end, as Jackie, Ashley, Carmen and I were fortunate enough to discover their location. We were going to play "Explore Minnesota", and I wanted to try and find them one more time, so we went down Evergreen Drive, and there it was, in the yard of this house! AND, there was a sign that said that the sculpture gardens had moved 13 miles north off of Smiley Road or something stupid like that, so we went and found the new one, and it's between Schaefer's and downtown Nisswa, by the new Subway, and it's basically a gift shop with a scary garden in front of it. So we took some pictures of us by one of the lions by the entrance, and Ashley and Jackie got the crap scared out of them by a ceramic elephant. It was grrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Yesterday falls under the category of Top 10 Least Productive Days Ever. Woke up at 11L30 (which is the latest I've slept in about a year), then went and rented Meet the Fockers and went to Haley's garage sale, where my sister Abby and I bought a ghetto Sega Genesis for $15 with money my parents left for us to use while they were gone. Dropped by Caribou, then went home, where we proceeded to battle in NBA Jam for approx. an hour. Then Abby left to go to a high school party, and I called around to see if anybody was doing anything, and nobody was, so I played Aladdin, and then watched Meet the Fockers while chatting on AIM. And then it was like 1 and I was tired, so I fell asleep. Good times all around.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm actually looking forward to working next week. It'll give me something to do.

Tomorrow is the BHS softball game at 1 PM at Adamson Field. Be there or don't.

I'm kinda sad that there really are sculpture gardens. It takes away a lot of the mystery and intrigue that has surrounded Baxter for the past 3 days. And it's too bad that Hannah wasn't with for the discovery, as she was the person who first noticed them listed. It's like Moses leading Israel and getting to go to the Promised Land. I'm sorry Hannah. Please don't hate me like you did last week.

It was actually nice today, so I decided to call people to play volleyball. And then it started raining. But it had stopped by the time we were going to play, so I went anyway. There were 3 of us, and it's kind of hard to play volleyball with 3 people, especially when it's me against two of BHS' finest alumni players. I showed them what's up though, so it's all good.

Peace out.

1 comment:

hannah said...

while you were wasting gas and finding sculpture gardens, i was making money.

no hate here, looks like i got the better end of the deal anyway.

regardless, do you think the gift shop sells t-shirts that say something along the lines of "my grandma went to the sculpture gardens, and all i got was this lousy t-shirt!" because yeah, that would be great.