Wednesday, May 11, 2005

15 and a half hours, and I didn't even get a frickin t-shirt

All right, here's a recap of the last few days:

Monday: I had a Macro final at 11, which I never know how I do until I get the test back (which I won't). Then me and Pete picked up my sister Sarah from the airport. I brought her back to Belmont and showed her around the campus for awhile, did some packing, I showed her the Parthenon, then we went to Opryland with Pete and other random people. Came back and ate at Sonic, and then my car wouldn't start when we were gonna leave, so Tim came and jumped me and took us to Dairy Queen, where we hooked up with the crew, and I had a peanut butter cup Blizzard. Then we went to the pedestrian bridge downtown and hung out and took pictures for awhile, and that was a great time.

Tuesday: I got up at 8 and wrote my Theater and Film final analysis of Moulin Rouge. Then I picked up my sister, who stayed at Pete's brother's apartment, and she came back and we got everything clean and packed and ready to go. Checkout went fine, and I let Sarah experience the Belmont Caf (yes, I'm a terrible brother), which was unusually bad (which is saying something). Tim jumped my car again and we went to Advance Auto Parts to get a new battery, and everything ran fine. Theater and Film final was uneventful and concluded with cupcakes, a plus. Then we headed out on the grand trip beginning at 3 PM. I drove the first 6 hours, Sarah took 9-1 AM, I drove 1-4, Sarah 4-6:30, and I finished up the last hour, arriving home at approx. 7:50. Good times.

Today: I slept from 9-noon, then I watched a disc of Friends Season 3 and unpacked all of my crap. I discovered that I can dual-screen my laptop with an old monitor, and it's pretty sweet I'm not gonna lie. I also discovered that I can use AIM on the family computer, so my screen name is notthatmarkymark if you would like ot chat (esp. since MSN doesn't work on this computer). I just checked my grades for the semester, and I got all A's except for an A- in Recording Technology, which screws up my quest for a 4.0, but I can live with a 3.97 I guess.

So anyway, being at home is still an interesting feeling. I'll start working with my dad tomorrow, which should be fairly regular. I think I realized on the way home that I liked this semester a ton, and also that I'm pretty torn between wanting to be home but I could've just as easily stayed in Nashville this summer and had a job, and I wouldn't have been unhappy with it.

I need to sleep.
Peace out y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Desire to stay here can be fixed by visiting. Think about it.