Thursday, May 05, 2005

No Getting "Even"

Today was one of the highlights of the year for people at schools like Belmont where academic challenge is secondary: Dead Day! No classes, no finals, just relaxation. I think it was meant for people to study during, but that pretty much doesn't happen. They had a carnival of blow-up games on the front lawn of my hall during the morning and afternoon, and there was fun food like cotton candy and snow cones. Then I played my first game of disc golf ever, and even though I wasn't too good, it was still lots of fun. Following this, we played Halo 2, mainly the new levels (which I prefer to most of the original levels because they're easier to navigate). Then I watched part of the Steve McQueen movie "Nevada Smith", which was pretty good. University Ministries was sponsoring a pancake gathering tonight too, so I had some of those around 10. A friend of mine wants to watch Episodes I and II before school's out so that he can be caught up for May 19, and so we watched about 2/3 of the Phantom Menace before we all got really tired. On a side note, did anyone know that the senate scene includes representatives from E. T.'s planet? It's pretty sweet. Lastly, I watched a recording of the concert that a friend of mine did last weekend that I couldn't go to, and that was really really good. And now I sit here, at just past 1, and realize that in less than a week I'll be at home. Insanity.

I just found out that Will Ferrell will be hosting SNL on the 14th! This may be the most exciting news I've received in quite a while! Here's to hoping that he remembers how fun it was and decides to resuscitate the show.

Probably the second most exciting news is that during ABC's Saturday night showing of Harry Potter, not only will there be a preview for the new Potter movie, but the first trailer for "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" will premier, soon to be followed by a full-length trailer before some sci-fi movie coming out in 2 weeks.

My first final takes place tomorrow at 7 PM. Old Testament, the time has come for you to be done.

There's also a nap time in the hall lobby tomorrow that I will be reading stories for. Should be a good time.

That's all for now.
Peace out.
Dora-heita

No comments: