Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Went to the BHS orchestra concert last night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Jason Parks has come a long way, especially considering he only started the viola this year. Simply amazing.

It's been two weeks, so it's time to compare B-town to Nashvegas:

1. While at Belmont, I ate the at the caf every day, which was pretty much the same thing every day. I don't think that I can count the number of lukewarm cheeseburgers and turkey sandwiches I've had this year. Coming home, I was really excited to get some home cooking, which I've gotten, but there's a problem. My family decided to go on a diet since I've been in Nashville, so many of the foods that I normally look forward to are off limits, mainly in the noodle family. Kind of disappointing, but it's still so much better.

Advantage: Brainerd

2. When I left Nashville, it was 85 and sunny. When I arrived home, it was 45 and cloudy. And that's pretty much been the trend ever since. And this weekend, Memorial Day, one of the biggest weekends of the year, it's supposed to be cold. B-e-a-utiful.

Advantage: Nashville

3. I haven't been able to see my friends up here as much as I'd like, and definitely not as much as I saw my friends in the dorms, so right now, it has to go to Belmont, but that could definitely shift back eventually.

Advantage: Nashville

So, right now it's advantage Nashville, but we'll see how that shakes out in the end.

I sold another textbook online today, which makes 4 so far. Only like 25 more to go...

1 comment:

hannah said...

until we all post whiteboards on our front doors, the social advantage will always be at college.