Sunday, May 08, 2005

On the practice and state of being a self-glorified liberal in B-town

I remember a time when everyone was completely disgusted with a certain person in my 8th grade class who skipped a year half-way through. Everyone thought she was so stuck on herself, and that everything she touched turned to an A+. Well, we were pretty much right, but not completely, and now I think of her as being extremely intelligent, but overall pretty normal and even ok to hang out with. While at BHS, she was the epitome of arrogance, and I think she had pretty much every right to be.

And now it has come to this. I would like to start by saying that I am conservative and redneck, lacking any and all social refinements or graces. I think Modest Mouse is overplayed, and that Black Eyed Peas suck almost as much as Pure Moods. I enjoy my ability to use spell check as well (although I wish this thing had a grammar check every once in a while). And today I came across quite possibly the biggest piece of self-righteous, pompous, arrogant crap I've ever read. I don't make a habit of calling people out when their posts are lame, only when people stop posting altogether, but I felt this deserved some attention.

Here are some excerpts:

"I thoroughly enjoy being smarter then most of my peers, insulting them with witisms that they cannot comprehend and avoid working in small groups because of their obvious lack of intelligence, especially from my elitist view."

"Anyway, there is no one here in the middle of a damn cornfield who has even half the intelligence of my pinky toe. "

Incidentally, I would like to point out the difference between "know" and "now". The first is when you are cognizant of an idea, concept, or fact, while the second refers to the current moment. I realize that they are spelled similarly, and that similar spellings can be confusing on two otherwise unrelated terms, but that's just the way it is.

This blog, along with some of the comments and attitudes that I have read recently make me very thankful that I am no longer at BHS, since apparently making it a closed campus gives people nothing else to do except to think highly of themselves and read variations of fairytales.

And on a related note, as much fun as anonymous comments can be, if you don't have the balls to sign your name to your thoughts, you should just send them VoxPop, because they really don't carry any weight in my mind.

5 comments:

P "N" K said...

Mark, Mark, Mark. Welcome to AP Comparative Government's leading source of entertainment for damn near a week. We're glad you could make it :-)

This stuff is fairly amazing. As much as I think she is a political psycho, I will say that at least your aforementioned example basically is a genius. 15/15 on the fives? Yeah, that deserves props.

However, what we have here is basically...well...a very diluted and watered-down version of the former. Very = like 100%. Not only is she way more obnoxious, she is also way more stupid. That's a bit of a problem. Oh well.

Anyway, it livens up La Shomb's fourth hour even more than normal, which makes for quality post-lunch activities.

"Jackie" said...

mark gets 8 jackie points for the vox pop allusion.

hannah said...

and an additional 34 hannah points for the black eyed peas/pure moods reference. even though i don't AGREE, it makes me laugh lots and lots.

"Jackie" said...

click on the link of his title

"Jackie" said...

ha. she deleted it.