Thursday, April 14, 2005

Skip the puffery, give me a golden goose

My current pet peave: Crappy journalism.

The new edition of the Belmont Vision was released tonight, and the cover story was on a governmetn official from Sudan that came to campus to speak was walked out on by a large group of people protesting his positions on the genocide in Darfur. (If you don't know what this is at all, please check this out) This article had the potential to be very informative and shed a light on the Sudan crisis, but it ended up being a big, redundant, incoherent, poorly-punctuated mess. Terrible. I'm seriously considering either joining the staff next year or writing them a letter to say, "I realize it's the end of the year, but get your act together." Sure, I know from yearbook last year that not everything is fixable, but come on: that was a 200-page publication, this is only 12, 2 of which are strictly photos. I can almost guarantee that there are fewer grammatical errors in that entire book than in this single publication.

Ok, now that that's out of the way...

I received my $200 check today for the whole X-Box on-line promotion, so I'm excited about that.

I haven't been feeling very well these past two days, and I really wish there was a couch at work tomorrow so I could nap in between the 5 customers I'll have. Eh, maybe I'll write blog posts, watch movies, and write a story for the Vision. That might be more effective. I need to finish "The Broker" too sometime.

Movies currently in theaters that I want to see:
1. Sin City

That's a sad list. How about upcoming movies that I want to see:
1. The Interpreter (April 22)
2. Kung Fu Hustle (April 22)
3. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (April 29)
4. Kicking and Screaming (May 13)
5. Episode III (May 19)

That's better.

Current odds:
Amityville Horror winning the weekend box office - 4:3
Me falling asleep at work tomorrow - 2:1
Me running out of clever odds - 9:7
Timberwolves making the playoffs - 30:1
Britney Spears baby belonging to Colin Farrel - push
The Michael Jackson trial ending by the time I come back to school next fall - 3:2

That's all I've got tonight. Maybe I'll do a story tomorrow, maybe not. I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

Peace out.
Nora Inu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that wherever you go, that NBA team makes the playoffs. Hmmm....admit it: you're secretly rooting for Memphis, aren't you?