Saturday, February 26, 2005

I suck again

Yes, thats right, I lost the competition to win a semester of tuition. I am one pathetic loser.

But, actually, I don't feel too bad about it. They set it up so that the 18 of us were all in a row of chairs facing one sideline, and they'd say go, and we'd go to whichever end we wanted to and make a basket and come back and sit in a chair. Each round they took out some chairs, and those who didn't have a chair lost. We picked numbers to see what order we'd sit in, and I was #12, so kinda in the middle (which sucked). I made it through the first two rounds but lost when they trimmed it from 8 to 4 people. The final two were the people who started out on each end.

On that subject, I hate it when people have contests/games, and don't have a practice run or something without the contestants to make sure that it works. Maybe they were trying to give the advantage to the people on the end, but what they should have done is set up 2 rows of 9 back-to-back at center court. that would've been the most fair. Also, I hate when rules are not specifically stated beforehand. So, word to the wise: if you're in charge of a game or activity (especially if money is involved), plan it out VERY thouroughly.

2 comments:

hannah said...

stop blaming the game mark.
what next, are you going to say the senior class cabinet election was rigged?

.....ashley said...

it's good you're not bitter about it mark