Sunday, September 07, 2008

Will you still need me when I'm 64?

Yes, it's that time of year. Time for cocoa, sweaters, leaf piles, and my birthday.

Turning 23 is, as expected, much like turning 22. One difference is, with the new house, I asked for different gifts than normal from my family. So, for example, where I got a bunch of DVDs and CDs last year from my parents, I got this:

Quadro 16-pc. Dinnerware Set

And this:
Bravera Glassware 16-pc. Set

The really weird thing for me is that I actually wanted this stuff and am excited to have it! I always remember thinking it was weird to get dishes or pots or anything practical for your birthday or Christmas. I always thought these occasions were times to get the things you wanted but didn't necessarily need. And I still feel that way, I guess I'm more surprised that these items fit that category for me now.

Maybe I have gotten older than I thought...

A HUGE thank you to the NFL for coming back into my life. And Tom Brady better not be out for the season or I am royally screwed in my Fantasy League. Just one more reason to love this time of year!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Welcome to adulthood!