Monday, September 08, 2008

Pancakes and Packers

I'm not sure I need to mention again how much I like football, so it should also go without saying that tonight was important night of any true Minnesota football fan: Vikings season opener. And not just the opener; it was against the Packers.

Well done, NFL schedule makers.

Tonight was so momentous I decided to make buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes. And they were dang good too.

The Vikings, however, didn't always measure up to the pancakes. There were moments of greatness on both sides of the ball, and I think in the next couple of weeks we'll see some great improvement, but they just didn't have enough to get past the Pack.

We'll get our chance at redemption later in the season, and I think we'll win that game. But, for now, I can take solace in those brief glimpses of awesomeness and hope they come more frequently in the coming weeks.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm watching Phantom Menace right now and I still can't decide if it's bad or tolerable. Maybe it fluctuates between the two. Some of the worst child acting ever by Jake Lloyd though. Seriously, rough.

2 comments:

Haley said...

Wow.

I think that since I last checked, you've blogged more than all of the people on my blogroll put together!

Jen Clapp said...

Sorry about Brady...