Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crashing down

OK, so I had this really long post about all the new music that's out this week, but then Firefox froze on me and I lost it. So, in summary:

New Marc Broussard: Very good, not immediately on the same level as Carencro, but I think it will grow on me. Quickly.

New Matt Wertz: First on major label, basically repackaged his last album with a few new songs and a different track order. Still good.

And my find of the week: Raphael Saadiq. Sounds like if John Legend performed during Motown's heyday. Excellent stuff. Check him out here:



And, apparently, the first movie on my list that needs to be crossed off is Almost Famous. I'll hopefully get around to it in the near future. In the meantime, I Redboxed Love Guru tonight and it was passable but featured Jessica Alba, so I can let it slide. Baby Mama was the movie of choice last night, and it was better than Love Guru but not as awesome as it should have been. Still enjoyable though, and worth a rental, especially if you like Tina Fey.

Seriously though, check out Raphael Saadiq. Worth your time.

1 comment:

Haley said...

...I Redboxed Love Guru tonight and it was passable but featured Jessica Alba, so I can let it slide

Excuse me while I roll my eyes.