Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Stryker's Most Wanted

Can I just say how much I'm looking forward to fall? I've decided it is far and away my favorite season (especially when it's in MN, but that's another story). I can't wait to start layering. Granted I try to get away with this during the dog days of summer too, but it's just not the same. Not even close. Bring on the 40s, I say!

I am beginning to see the fruits of my labor more and more at work. One important aspect of my job is to kind of a perpetual audit of every use of our songs, whether that's comparing album sales units to what the label has paid, making sure we get paid the right rate on a ringtone sale, or contacting people who use our songs without paying in order to collect what the money that rightfully belongs to our clients.

This is generally a long process, and it can take months and years to resolve a single issue. While I have seen these issues come and go over the last year, I am starting to find a groove in the whole process and, in turn, am resolving issues more consistently and efficiently. It's one of my favorite feelings at work when I get a check for one of our writers they wouldn't have seen if not for my efforts.

In order to spur this process along and keep the outstanding issues fresh in my mind, I have created a list and taped it to my office door titled "Stryker's Most Wanted" (Yes, my work nickname is Stryker... long story, but it's on my business cards now so it's gonna stick). And today I got to cross an item off for the first time. Hopefully by the end of the week I can get another one off. Just one of the little things that make it all worth while.


Apparently some of my friends have banded together for a birthday present for me. I have no idea what it is, but I'm more than mildly intrigued by what it is. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Enough chatting about nothing; I'm going to get back to one of the greatest films ever made, The Godfather Part II. Soo good....

No comments: