Friday, April 21, 2006

We're grabbing at the fray for something that won't drown

Aaagh! I am so frustrated, and for no reason at that. I'm just in one of those moods where I can hardly stand to be around myself, almost more so than around other people. Things I am not a fan of at the moment:

1. Friday nights with nothing to do so you play Rummikub because it's there.
2. Signing leases and paying the security deposit the week before the first month's rent is due.
3. The unfulfilled.

I need to stop whining on here or I'm gonna start saying things that will piss people off. I don't even know what #3 means on there, I basically felt like I needed to have a third point and couldn't think of anything to type that wouldn't single people out. Maybe there's some sort of existential meaning behind it. Let me know if you think of anything.

This weekend is going to be beautiful. You know what I'll end up doing with it? Working 12-6 tomorrow, wasting the prime outdoor activity hours, and maybe getting to hang at the park on Sunday for a bit. The problem with that is it always seems that everyone saves their homework for gorgeous Sunday afternoons, so I'll be there playing Frisbee with myself. Maybe I should buy a kite or something just in case.

I seriously just want to go off and rant on here for a while, but that won't do anything helpful. I wish there was some way to express frustration through a keyboard. I had a visual interpretation, but it throws off the margins, so it's now gone.

All right, to end on a positive, if you haven't heard Mat Kearney yet, check him out. He's got a great sound, kind of like if Coldplay mixed in some hip/hop stuff. And his album "Nothing Left to Lose" is only $8 at best Buy this week. Which means you need to buy it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are frustrated Mark! I hate those moods. I hope that it is rainy and gloomy on Saturday so you wont want to be outside. Jess and I have been going to the park on Sundays so if you want to go give us a call. Anyway, hope tomorrow is better!