Saturday, April 01, 2006

Reverberation and the Unthinkable

This week marks a milestone in the history of Reverb Media here on the campus of Belmont University: we now rent DVDs. That's right, DVDs. Nine of them, actually, for only $1.97 per night. They're going like hot cakes too, last night we rented out one whole movie (and that was to me). Hopefully the release of Narnia on Tuesday will help out things in this area. Meanwhile, with movies actually being offered in the store, those of us who are employed by the store now have a reason to watch movies on the giant video wall rather than playing music over documentaries. Right now, in fact, I am viewing Chicken Little. So far, not bad.

Final Four starts tongiht. I'm picking UCLA and Florida for the final, as much as I want George Mason. Pretty much the only final I don't want is Florida-LSU, because two schools from the same conference should never meet in the championship. And because I don't want it to happen, it most likely will.

I just realized that I'm wearing the jeans I wore Thursday night when we rolled down Capitol Hill, thus they are covered in grass stains. Splendid.

I talked to my superviser at Gotee yesterday, and she said that I would definitely have a position there if wanted it, so I'm quitting school at the end of this year and joining Gotee Records as an A & R coordinator! So amazing!

Ice Age 2 came out yesterday. We might go to it tonight, but most likely won't. I wasn't an uber huge fan of the original (it was cute, but not much beyond that), so it's more of a social event for me than cinematic experience.

This week's episode of the Office was probably my favorite in a while.

I was looking at facebook profiles last night, and I have no idea how some people get as many friends as they do. 650 friends? At a school of 4000? That's insane! Either these people are very visible in the school (which some of them are) and are too nice to reject a friend request, or they're major facebook whores. Maybe it's both.

I also realized that I haven't updated my profile in a while. Maybe I'll do that during the 3+ hours I have left here today.

And, in one week, my parents and little sister will be here. Insane.

In the craziest development of the week, I have a date for Monday night! Her name is Claire, and she is a student at Vanderbilt that I met at church. She's a nursing major, enjoys golf, and is originally from San Antonio. I guess we'll see what happens, but I really like her, adn I think we're gonna have a great time (we're going bowling for our first date! how amazing is that?).




Happy April Fools everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so was any of that an april fool? cuz im not sure

Anonymous said...

are you joking about the A&R part? because when i read that i was like i bet its an April Fools. is it?