Saturday, April 29, 2006

The summer of movies

These days pass so quickly. Yesterday was not my last day at Gotee, even though I think it was supposed to be. I'm going to go back on Wednesday at least for a bit, and they're taking the interns out to lunch; I'm never one to pass up free food.

The Belmont Best of the Best showcase is tonight, and it should be thoroughly entertaining. I need to figure out something to do afterwards, but that will come in time. all in good time.

I was looking at the new movie release schedule for the summer and, starting next week, it looks to be quite busy:

May 5 - Mission Impossible 3 - This movie needs to not suck, and most of the indications are that it won't. Please don't suck.

May 12 - Poseidon - A good old fashioned disaster movie, can't pass it up.

May 19 - Da Vinci Code - Should at least be entertaining, and I'm interested to see what they did with it.

May 19 - Over the Hedge - I'm not completely sold on this one yet, but it has huge potential. Maybe I'm just sick of CGI animals...

May 26 - X3: The Last Stand - Again, all indications are this third installment will not suck. Right now, can I just say that May looks to be one of the best months for movie releases in my lifetime?

June 2 - The Break Up - I like Vince Vaughan, and haven't seen a good quasi-romantic comedy in a while.

June 9 - Cars - More CGI, this time with, obviously, cars instead of animals. A good step in the right direction.

June 9 - Prarie Home Companion - Because it's Minnesota, and because it should be excellent.

June 16 - Nacho Libre - Jack running around in Spandex, wrestling Mexicans, and wooing a nun? Gold.

The first week without a new release I want to see is June 23. I guess if I really get desperate, I can go see Adam Sandler's "Click", cause I'm certainly not going to see a the Garfield sequal.

June 30 - Superman Returns - I've never really seen the originals, so I need to watch them first, but this has a lot of potential.

July 7 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Hopefully close to as good as the first.

July 14 - Not much here, maybe see Scanner Darkly or You, Me, and Dupree.

July 21 - Lady in the Water - Just because I want to see what it's about.

July 28 - Miami Vice - Looks pretty dang sweet.

August 4 - Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby - Hearing Will Ferrell as a NASCAR driver say "Thank you, God, for my two strapping boys, Walker and Texas Ranger" makes it worth the 8 bucks.

August 11 - World Trade Center - Maybe? Still hard to tell on this one. I do kind of want to see United 93 though, it looks good and has received incredible reviews.

August 18 - Snakes on a Plane - Heck yes.

And then I'm back at school. Crazy how you can measure a season in movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I have to say I'm kind of nervous about Pirates II. The whole part in the preview where they show Orlando Bloom saying, "We can't leave without Jack!" and then a bunch of Meori tribesmen (perhaps) come running over the hill and he says, "Nevermind, let's go!" Seemed awkward to me. We'll see. I'm sorry to say that I have to take a strong moral stance against United 93 and that if you go see it I'll shoot you in the femur. Sorry. That's how I roll.

markymark said...

snap

(nice zoolander pull btw)