Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Ahh, Inspiration

To everyone who recently posted on their various blogs about apathy and doing things to help others rather than themselves: Thank you. I absolutely agree with everything that was said. America has so much potential to help not only the people in our own country, but the rest of the world as well. I'm always shocked and disheartened when I hear about the thousands of Africans who die from AIDS EVERY DAY, and then I hear about congress cutting new funding to help curb this epidemic. And then i just get back to my normal routine and do nothing about it. Terrible.
Anyway, this post does have a point: In the spirit of the season, I've decided to add a facet to my Christmas party. What I would like to do is have people bring money donations, and then we'll all go and buy toys and donate them to a toy drive. The only problem with this is that the party is so late in the season, I'm not sure if there are any places still accepting donations. So, if anyone knows of a place that would work or has an alternative idea, please let me know. I think that this could be a lot of fun, and we can start putting our money where we claim our hearts are.
Thats it.
Peace out.

3 comments:

.....ashley said...

great idea. if we can't find any places that will accept donations that late, i bet we could still get a bunch of ppl together who are home earlier (like the weekend before christmas or something) and go buy toys then?

"Jackie" said...

yay mark i agree. let's just not bring them to walmart because walmart will just put the toys back on their shelves when no one is looking. jerks...

Maya Kuehn said...

pure genius
soup kitchen?