Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lonely and forgotten, never thought she'd look my way

Another weekend passes without the purchase of a bed. I am a complete dork.

Although sleeping on Ryan's air mattress hasn't been completely uncomfortable, and I am the only one to blame for the fact that I haven't picked one up yet.

The long weekend was good on the following counts:
1. They closed Reverb, so I didn't have to work until today (see below)

2. I did a sum total of nothing beyond:
a. make home-made ice cream
b. play sand volleyball in the park
c. play catch phrase at the basement after eating pizza
d. record "when she loved me" (Sarah McLachlan, Toy Story 2) with ben and tim
e. watch the sum total of close to a season of friends

3. I miraculously found the digital camera I thought I had lost back in April! It was hiding in a random pocket in my backpack. Now I just need to find the cord to connect it to my compuer...

Today was bad on the following counts:
1. Class + headache = annoying

2. Facebook and their "improvements" are ridiculous
I posted commments about how this hadn't happened yet in March:

Can I just say that facebook has yet to add a stupid feature since I've joined? Each one is very useful in its own way. I'm still not a fan of the whole "poking" thing. Kinda creeps me out.
Now poking is the least of my problems with news feed and mini-feed (more so the latter)

3. Reverb started today, and not on a good note. The schedule for this place fluctuates so much when it's getting set, I was supposed to work today from 5-10 originally, then had them switch it to 4-7. I thought this was all set til I got the most recent schedule, which I thought still had me on from 5-10, but I read it wrong and it was really 4-10. Suck. I was all ready to lounge for a bit between class and work when I get a call that I was supposed to be at work 15 minutes before.

So now I've been here for 2 and a half hours, and I'm not yet half done. I've listened to Brandtson's "Hello, Control" (amazing), and am now a bit over halfway through watching "Goblet of Fire". After that, I have no idea. Helping people with accounting or something I imagine. Maybe actually reading for class (a novel concept, I realize).

Tomorrow brings sleeping in, Showdown, and Principles of Management. I can hardly wait.

And I still have a headache.

and PS, why was I not surprised to see that Steve Irwin had died?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's because you're heartless.