Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bitterness abounding

So, hm, this weekend was not the best I've ever had.

After my 5 mindless hours at Reverb on Saturday morning, I hung out at the house for awhile, basically watching college football the whole time. I also made my first batch of corned beef hotdish for the year, which has provided 4 meals so far, and should provide that much more when all is said and done. Jon and I went over to the Gazebo to hang out with the boys and watch "SWAT" (that's right, we watched SWAT).

So we go home, and I wake up in the morning to go to church, get out to my car, and find that some creep had thrown a massive rock through the driver's side window of my car and taken my CD player. Yeah.

Metro came and filed a report, but I don't plan on them ever finding my stereo. And, frankly, it's not the stereo that pisses me off so much as the window. It's currently Saran-wrapped and sitting in my driveway, waiting for me to make an appointment to get it fixed, which I was waiting to do until I found out whether insurance was going to cover any of it. And today word came down that they aren't, which wasn't a total surprise, but still sucks anyway.

That was really the only thing that sucked about this weekend, but it's sizable. Beyond that, we started community groups for church on Sunday night, and mine is about 25 minutes away. It is also with Ryan and Susan, completely by chance on all three of our counts, which saves on gas and is great to have people there I'm already comfortable with.

Yesterday I walked to my internship, which took about 20 minutes. While there I did a lot of randomly connected things that took a bit longer than planned, so I got home at 4:45 and had Jon take me to Reverb for work at 5. While there I learned that they apparently tried to get someone to take the shift that I didn't want, but they thought it was Mondays instead of Tuesdays, so I still work 4-10 on Tuesdays and now share a shift on Mondays from 7-10. This did, however, allow me to leave at 8:30 with Ben to watch the end of the Vikings' opening-game victory. I had originally planned to stay up with Ben and go to Wal-Mart at midnight to buy Lucky Number Sle7in and John Mayer, but I hit a wall around 10:30 and he went by himself, which I hear turned out quite interestingly since Wally World didn't have Continuum.

That all leads to today, where I spent 9:30-3:15 in class, had dinner/lunch at the Curb, and now am at work. I did decide today while in investment portfolio management that I'm leaning towards not adding a finance major. Gonas was up front, talking about all of this stuff in the Wall Street Journal and these futures contracts and such, and I looked around the room and most of the people looked genuinely interested. I, on the other hand, hardly understood a word that came out of his mouth, let alone cared about it. I'm gonna actually try and buckle down in this class for a bit and see if I can force myself to enjoy it, but it's looking less like a possibility by the day. Maybe it's just the stuff we're talking about now, but I am supremely confused by it. I've even (gasp!) tried reading it, and it's not happening.

So, again, I'm hoping the rest of this week is a bit better. Maybe I'll find a good deal on a driver's side window for a '96 Taurus. Maybe I'll find a cheap CD player, or at least a cheap way to control the A/C. Maybe investments will come alive to me. Maybe I'll even bite the bullet and buy a bed, as much as I hate to in light of the car situation.

Or maybe not.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: