Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mario Bros meets Prehistoric Man

Guess what Ryan and I made yesterday?

If you guessed homemade cheese, you're wrong. We made a Nintendo fort!

The process began by going to the Goodwill Superstore down the street and buying an assortment of blankets. We then returned home and made suspension ropes out of packing tape and draped the blankets across them. A rather simple set-up, but it turned out fantastically! I'm going to try and remember to buy a cord to attach my camera to my computer and then I'll get some pictures up here of the whole house, not just the Nintendo fort.

I'll have the opportunity to buy said cord when I'm down at the Cool Springs Best Buy getting my stereo installed this afternoon. I've got another 2 hours at Reverb, and my appointment with them is at 4, so I'll have plenty of time.

Tonight is also the Pop/Rock Showcase here at Belmont, which is always interesting and almost always entertaining. Benji Stein will be rockin' the bass for Brett McLaughlin, so if you're in town you should go and cheer him on (Ben, not Brett). The other acts are Sarah Silva, who I hear is real good, Lorien, who I also hear is pretty good, and Sophia, who I hear are weird and screamo. Gotta love it.

If you're on Facebook and haven't checked out the Friend Game under "My Friends", you should. It's rather addicting, and an easy way to pass the time.

My first tests of the year took place this week. Management Comm was easy, 54/50. My Business Ethics and Int'l Business tests aren't graded yet, but I think they went OK. I don't have the books for either of the latter classes, so this is the litmus test to see if I need to buy them or not. I'm leaning towards no.

Finally, the new season of The Office premiered on Thursday! I won't give anything away for those who have it TiVo'd, but I will say that I enjoyed it quite a bit and it contained one of the most gauche kisses ever (In an effort to keep from using awkward as much, I'm going to try and apply multiple synonyms in its stead). Definitely worth seeing, and opens up a whole new world of story lines for new installments.

No comments: