Saturday, March 25, 2006

When will the Madness end?

If there's one thing I've learned over the last two weeks, it's to never invite people who know little to nothing about sports to be in your March Madness pool. They will undoubtedly pick better at random or based on mascots than you will using actual sports knowledge. This is how I'm in 7th out of the 8 people in my facebook pool.

Can I just say that facebook has yet to add a stupid feature since I've joined? Each one is very useful in its own way. I'm still not a fan of the whole "poking" thing. Kinda creeps me out.

I've decided that I'm not sure I have the concentration to write a full out book. Even if it was fiction, I would get started and never finish. At least not while I'm in school, because the smallest disruption would shift my focus for long enough that it wouldn't appear important anymore. Maybe I'll write one of those "Collective essays of..." books. I could write on any number of random things, call them essays, and compile them into one text. If anyone has any suggestions for chapter topics, let me know. Make them random, relevant, ridiculous. Anything.

You should check out a blog, postsecret.blogspot.com. People crate home-made postcards in which they anonymously reveal a secret about themselves, then mail them to an address in Massachusettes, and this guy posts the best ones each week. I think it's supposed to be a way to help suicidal people deal with problems or something like that. There was an interesting stat on there, that for every murder in the US there are 2 suicides. Not something you hear about all the time. Anyway, check it out.

1 comment:

P "N" K said...

Man, speaking of brackets, wow. My yahoo pool went crazy this weekend...my blog has all the details, but man.

I had the title wrapped up somehow before the Elite 8 had even finished.