Thursday, March 23, 2006

Questions from a mind without structure

1. When did the mohawk come back?

Seriously, I've seen over a half dozen people in the last week sporting either a faux- or full out mohawk. I think maybe the more important question here is why? Do these people think they actually look good with it? Are they just trying to be all anti-establishment and crap? I don't understand!

2. Why do I like cold weather?

This week has been somewhat akin to a MN March in Nashville, with temps hardly ever getting over 50 and most nights being below freezing. And I loved every minute of it.

3. Is it possible for Natalie Portman to not look amazingly good?

She shaved her fricking head in V for Vendetta and still was gorgeous! V for Vendetta, by the way, is an excellent flick. I think it's the second film I've seen in theaters this calendar year (I won't discuss the first because it was that disappointing), and I'm almost tempted to see it again this weekend. But, there's also the new Denzel movie, "The Inside Man", which has a lot of potential too. Mostly, I can't wait for May to come, when I will be graced with MI:3, X3, and The da Vinci Code. If that's not scrumtrulescent, I'm not sure what is.

4. Why do I have a sum total of no motivation for class at this time?

Could it be that I'm getting bored with school? Quite possibly. My classes appear to be rather smooth sailing the rest of the way through, and that's just fine by me. I'll be spending the time that I wouldn't have spent working anyway if I did have homework on trying to find a job for the summer and then a place to live once that's set. If that doesn't come together by the end of April. I guess I'm back in B-town for at least part of the summer, and probably all. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

5. Is it possible for Norah Jones to not sound amazingly good?

She released an album with a band called "The Little Willies" last week, and it's basically a country album. Now, I'm generally against that sort of thing, but Norah sounds amazing on the entire disc. I think she could do a gangsta rap EP and still sound incredible. Just something about that voice.

6. What is the most profound thing I've herad this week?

This one has an actual answer. We were bowling on Tuesday and Ryan decided that it's much more difficult to hit just one pin than it is to hit not one pin. And then everything in the world made sense.

7. Why the frick does the MuteMath show on Sunday have to be sold out?

There's no good answer here. Maybe I should be asking why I have a problem paying an extra $2 to buy my tickets early online. That's where the real problem is. And frankly, I think it's highway robbery. Seriously, if Exit/In just did all of their online ticket orders in-house, it would save them a ton of hassle and they would get a greater amount of the profits without having to pay off Ticketmaster or something lame like that. That's probably too obvious a solution though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

three things...
1. Faux hawks are hot...real ones not so much
2. I am with you that cold weather rocks.
3. Natalie Portman is just beautiful and nothing will ever prove otherwise.
Later!