Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Pre-Break Update

Maya and Jackie will appreciate this:
So I got an e-mail today from my First Year Seminar teacher from last semester. Apparently she submitted a paper I did for the class on the conflict in Chechnya to a faculty board for the Belmont Undergrad Research Symposium, and mine was one of 3 or 4 selected to be read at the symposium.

This is the same teacher who gave me a C- on my first paper in the class and basically said she didn't like my style of writing. Sooooooo confusing.

But yeah, that's my news for the day. I have one class tonight, Business Law from 6:30 to 9:15, and then freedom until Tuesday! I'm kind of excited about this. My roommate left for home today, so I have the room to myself until Sunday night. I'll more than likely spend a good portion of this break either on my computer or watching movies in the lobby, which some of us have decided to do as often as possible over break. One of these films will be Finding Neverland, which I'm going to buy once my shift is done at 4 today.

Oh, also, I've now resolved myself to entering the housing lottery as a loner. I think my problem was that I made friends with people too late in the year, and that I befriended people who already had their plans figured out. But there's nothing I can do to change that now, so I'll take the hand that I'm dealt with and go with the flow. If I was more motivated, I would continue with as many cliches as I could think of there, but I'm not in the mood for annoyance right now.

Thats it, I'm out.

No comments: