Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Nashville v. Brainerd

I've found several differences between the south and north, and I've tried to find things that aren't obvious (like pop and soda).

In MN, people use butter to cook things, and there's always butter for bread.
In TN, they cook in lard and eat their bread plain (I have to go out of my way to eat rolls the GOOD way)

In MN, people have a purpose for going somewhere, and they walk like it.
In TN, people have a purpose for going somewhere, and they take their sweet time getting there.

In MN, people use the center turn lane to turn.
In TN, people use the center turn lane to pass everyone.

In MN, people use Blogger (or at least used to) and MSN.
In TN, people use Xanga and AOL.

If I think of some more, I'll let you know, but that's the preliminary list.

Haley and Maria - I'll be sure and let you know if I take any leaps into the pool of love, but it looks pretty foggy right now. (That may be the cheesiest metaphor I've ever used)

4 comments:

hannah said...

yeah, i think blogger and msn are mostly a brainerd thing.

.....ashley said...

agreed.

"Jackie" said...

yes because whenever i hit the "next blog" button i always get someone from either brainerd or japan.

markymark said...

no, but i've been thinking about getting it