Thursday, February 01, 2007

The tortoise and the hair

I got a haircut. Quinn was handing them out at our place, so I decided to go for it. I ended up having it cut shorter than it's been since I was in 4th grade. Amazingly, it didn't turn out too bad. I'll try and get a picture up soon.

In other news, I hate weathermen. Every last one of them. The chance of snow last night/this morning? 90%. The amount of snow we actually received: 0". Nothing. I so wanted a snow day today. And, much like the countless times I anticipated such an event in my years of public education, we got nothing.

Last night was my first adventure into the video production world. We shot the anti-piracy PSA over at Kurt and Tyler's place, and it turned out better than I could have hoped. Seriously, the lighting was great, the clothes were great, the actors we great, and we shot the whole thing in HD, which looked amazing! I'm so glad that we got that done, and I owe Kurt and Tyler so ridiculously much after this is all finished. I'll make sure anyone who wants to see can do so when it's edited together.

I've decided one of the most annoying things in the world, in my opinion, is girls sitting around talking about how there's no good guys in whatever town they happen to be in. And trust me girls, you may think that your town is different, and that the guys there are really just undateable, but your guys are the same. You just haven't figured out who the right one is for you. That guy may be in your town. He may be someplace else. Just please don't whine about it in public. It gets old, and you'll never get any of the good guys in your town because they'll avoid you like the plague.

I applied for the receptionist/office manager/online marketing position at Gotee on Monday. However, they need someone who can work full time right now, and I have class Tues/Thurs afternoons. Thus, I was shot down on first attempt at a real job. Never fear, I knew this was a long shot, so I'll keep trying.

Today is the first weekday of the New Year that I didn't run or play racquetball. I feel a little bad about it, but I'll get over it. Back at it tomorrow.

If you want to see a really sweet video, check out this one:


This was just finished by Tyler's brother, Toben Seymour, for The Willowz, and it's so dang sweet. They did the whole thing in stop motion with flashlights: none of the lines and drawings were added in post production. Seriously, play this video, you won't be sorry.

No comments: