Monday, February 26, 2007

Melissa Ethridge? Really?

Well, the Oscars have come and gone. I got 12 of the 24 winners correct, including 3 of the 4 actors and best director (I picked Little Miss Sunshine for Best Picture, just because it seemed like the type of picture they would go for, and I wasn't sure they'd give the best picture and best director to the same movie). I was only really surprised by two of the winners:

1. Pan's Labyrinth, which won three technical awards, lost Best Foreign Language Film to a German movie, The Lives of Others. There was so much talk about Pan's, and it was a pretty good movie, I thought that was one of the only sure things of the night. Guess I was wrong.

2. Melissa Ethridge?!?!? I do not understand that one at all. Everyone was saying that Listen would win, and even if it didn't, my money was on Our Town, being from an animated film, written by Randy Newman, and performed by James Taylor. This was probably the stupidest award of the evening, and I'm still a little pissed about it.

In my blog contest, I won, with 110 points. Steph was second, with 10 correct answers and 77 points. Everyone else was in a collective third, since no one else submitted their guesses. I also won in my house pool, so I have bragging rights for a while.

I'm getting more and more excited about going home. They just got over a foot of snow, and events are falling into place for our schedule. Should be awesome, and we take off in less than 5 days...

No comments: