Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's all Greek til someone gets hurt

Class is over for the day, but I'm still at Belmont. Why is this? I'm being inducted into the "presitigious" school of business academic honor society, Betta Gamma Sigma. I never in all my life thought I would be a member of an organization with Greek letters, but here I am. I'm still not entirely sure why I'm joining; it cost $70 for lifetime membership, and it's supposed to look good on resumes and stuff, but who in the music industry, in all reality, has even heard of such an organization, let alone cares about my membership enough to make it the deciding factor in whether to interview me or not? I don't know. But I do know that I'm sitting in the Massey 3rd floor computer lab in a shirt and tie at 4:30 in the afternoon, and I feel extremely out of place.

The weather today was absolutely gorgeous. It made me want to keep running, which I knew I couldn't do if I wanted to:
a. Get my homework done for the class that ended up being canceled today
b. Be able to run for an hour tomorrow.

I have not been to see a movie in theaters since Pan's Labyrinth, if my memory serves me right, and that needs to be corrected soon. Maybe we'll do a Sunday night movie in Minnesota, and everyone can experience what it's like to be a high schooler in Brainerd on a March weekend.

March? Already? That is quite preposterous in my opinion. That's right, I said preposterous, and I mean it. I have 74 days to go to MN, find a job, find a house, finish my classes, pass 2 exit exams, and graduate. Here goes nothing...

No comments: