Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Close and getting closer

Huh.

I completed the first big assignment of my semester this morning, having started it at 10 last night. 6 hours of work, 6 hours of sleep, and 14 pages later, part one of my strategic management case study was complete. It was definitely not a difficult assignment, and I think I did a good job on it.

If you ever want to fall asleep, but simply can't, attend my Record Company Operations class. It never fails to put me on the brink of sleep, and if I didn't force myself to stay awake, it would do me in every time.

This past weekend I went to PM with a bunch of people for Doug's 21st, which was a good time. I had never been there before, and the chicken sandwich I had was quite good. After dinner, Jon and I went to see Florez at 12th and Porter (Jon got us in free). The show was pretty sparsely attended because the roads were getting slick with a fresh layer of snow/ice. The performance was very good, however; I was very impressed.

Still no word form anyone wanting to use the PSA. I am supposed to be in charge of contacting movie theaters and the local film festival, but I:
a. Don't have a lot of time during normal office hours in which to contact them without taking time off of my internships or skipping class
b. Don't really have a desire to try and convince advertising managers to show or video for free because we're poor college students and it's for a good cause and not for profit and all the jazz.

Things are coming together for spring break quite nicely. The roster is almost set (still waiting on up or downs from two), and we worked out a rough schedule on Sunday that now includes a day at Shamineau playing broomball and climbing the ice tower. 10 days and counting on that front...

I crossed the six mile barrier yesterday, which coincided with the hour mark as well. No running today since I was working on the paper and I've come to the conclusion that I can't bring myself to run once I get going with the rest of my day. But, no huge homework plans for Thursday, and it's warming up a bit, so the rest of this week looks good.

I'm hoping that tonight turns into a card party somewhere somehow. I guess we'll see...

No comments: