Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Beginning of the End

Today begins the last semester of my academic career.

Not that I actually had classes, mind you, but the semester did technically begin today. I spent my day at Gotee, getting reacquainted with how things work down there and discovering how things have changed. There are five people left who worked there a year ago, and one of them is leaving at the end of the month. Crazy. The new people seem real cool though, so the transition should be rather smooth.

I return to Reverb tonight. Oh joy! Oh rapture! I am apparently the inventory manager this semester or something like that, I'm not exactly sure. But that basically means that I get to tell them what they need to order, thus insuring that we don't end up without the big releases.

This Christmas Break was probably as perfect as I could have hoped. The first half was spent in MN, where I worked and hung out with my family. The only thing that could have made that better was more snow. The second half, back in Nashville, consisted of one of the truest stay-home vacation experiences ever. I have no regrets about how much or little I accomplished during the last two weeks. It's been incredibly refreshing.

I just realized that I have not mentioned how Children of Men turned out. Let me just say, you will be happy that you saw this movie, it is incredibly intense, well-made, and emotional. It's just great all around.

I've been watching some Grey's Anatomy this week with Jess, Kendra, and Julie. This is the first extended experience I've had with this show, and I can definitely see why people, particularly girls, can become addicted to it. It's extremely entertaining, and the characters and story-lines are well developed. Watching it though, I can't help but get frustrated with a lot of the characters from a guy's point of view, with complete jerks suddenly becoming charming and whatnot. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I can't get through an episode without getting frustrated with the female mindset.

But that's just me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too dude

but frustratedwiththefemalemindset.blogspot.com is too angst-ridden

P "N" K said...

It's not just you Mark. Far from it.