Saturday, November 18, 2006

Moulin Rouge on ice

So I thought I had this brilliant beyond brilliant idea: I was going to wait in line all day on Thursday and get at least one and hopefully two Playstation 3's, then re-sell them on e-Bay for inflated prices and make a fortune. The plan was fool-proof, it was going to work.

And then I found out there are a ton of people in Nashville without lives, or at least less of lives than me. Apparently there were more people in line by Wednesday night than systems available at every store in Nashville, so I was stuck trying to find one online at midnight, which also turned out to be hopeless.

Depressing.

I'm not exactly sure what I did all day yesterday. I know it involved a lot of driving around with Matt and stuff, but the specifics are all blurry. Last night, however, was great.

We went to see "Happy Feet" last nigth for Tracy's birthday, and it was not what I expected at all. It was kind of like "Moulin Rouge" on ice. The music was really really good, exceptional even. They took a bunch of songs, both old and new, and did some mashing, some remixing, and some updating. The story was ok, nothing spectacular, but that was really secondary to the music. I would definitely recommend seeing this movie if you want to have a good time or want to feel happy coming out of the movie. Hence the name.

I finally got to play Nerts for the first time this semester last night too. I bascially dominated (which will happen when Jess is off in Italy).

I have a few pieces of work I need to finish for classes before Thanksgiving, but half of my classes on Tuesday are canceled, so I only have two classes until a long weekend of freedom.

Tower is down to 40% off of everything now. Thus, I now own a volume of the Brak Show on DVD and the soundtrack for Avenue Q.

No comments: