Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Homeward bound

The past few days have been odd. And good.

Saturday, after Reverb, I went to Susan's to watch Ohio State beat up on Michigan (I kind of hope they have a rematch for the national championship and Michigan wins). We also ate a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving. It was absolutely delicious, and we watched A Christmas Story afterwards, which I was reminded has one of the lamest endings in cinematic history. Still good overall, but it falls flat at the end. It should really just end with the duck having its head chopped off. That would be perfect.

Sunday was a typical Sunday. I had one of my worst Fantasy weeks ever, and yet still beat Doug by some miracle. That keeps me in second place behind Tyler, who I need to lose at some point because there is no way I can catch him in points. And Donovan McNabb had to go and get hurt, so I will rely on the newly-acquired Philip Rivers to guide my team to victory.

Community group on Sunday night was a good time too. That group is so different from my group last year, it's practically night and day. Yet both are good. This one has definitely grown on me as time has passed.

Yesterday was kind of pointless. I went running in the morning but my ankles started hurting quite a bit halfway through, so I walked the second half. I should maybe get some actual running shoes. Showdown was Showdown, as always. Then Reverb struck, followed by a session of watching the Office at the Gazebo, which was supposed to turn into Nerts at some point but never did.

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving break is destined to be a weird day for school. I had three of my four classes canceled, so I attempted to sleep in until 10, which apparently will never happen again. I did make it to 9 though, so I guess I can live with that. The rest of my morning consisted of hanging out at the house until class at 12:30, which was followed by more hanging out at the house until 3, when I went to take Ben to the airport. Then, Reverb. Apparently no one worked today, but I figured I was going to do nothing at home, I might as well get paid to do nothing. I even finished my last quiz for Principles of Management, so I guess you could say I was productive.

Now I sit in my living room, after eating Tony's pizza for dinner, and I'm kind of bored/slightly contented. Jon got the Beatles' new Love album, which I had streamed off their website and am pretty fond of. A nice new take on their stuff, although some may see it as an abomination. That's their opinion, I guess.

Tomorrow I will leave my house around 7 and arrive in Minneapolis at approximately 12:30. That should put me in Brainerd at 3:30 or so. Should be great to be home.

Two academic notes:
1. I have to brag on my little sister, who rocked it up and got a 30 on the ACT! She's pretty good at stuff.

2. I changed my schedule for next semester. I dropped Legal Issues in the Music Industry, which means that I don't have to be in class on Tues/Thurs until 12:30. I will now be taking Music Supervision in Film and TV Mondays from 5:30-8:15. This class is at a much better time and seems a billion times more interesting. I just hope it doesn't end up sucking. We'll find out come January, I guess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you said that about A Christmas Story. I am shocked and appalled. Anyway, I hope you have a great time at home! Oh and congrads to your sister that is awesome! Happy Turkey day.