Saturday, August 06, 2005

Things I've learned this summer

While at work this summer, we've chosen to listen to Oldies radio. This serves two purposes: 1. We don't hear the same song 5 times a day. 2. Everyone could agree on it.

And from this experience, I've discovered 2 important facts in life:
1. Society would be so much more simple if we had more songs about clowns. They had them all the time in the 50's and 60's. Songs like "Tears of a Clown" and "Clown with a Broken Heart" really reflect the innocence that we've lost. If only we could convince a group to record a clown song, the world would be a better place. I nominate DMB, Mariah Carey, and Enya to fulfill this service.
2. More importantly, I've found the absolute worst song ever written. It's by Jim Jones, and the words are as follows:
"You Talk Too Much"

You talk too much
You worry me to death
You talk too much
You even worry my pet

You just talk
Talk too much

You talk about people
That you don't know
You talk about people
Wherever you go

You just talk
Talk too much

You talk about people
That you've never seen
You talk about people
You can make me scream

You just talk
you talk too much

[Instrumental Interlude]

You talk too much
You worry me to death
You talk too much
You even worry my pet

You just talk
Talk too much

You talk about people
That you don't know
You talk about people
Wherever you go

You just talk
Talk too much

You talk about people
That you've never seen
You talk about people
You can make me scream

Aren't those inspiring? So much depth, meaning, insight, I can hardly describe it. I especially love how he uses his pet as a metaphor to speak for the emotions of those who can't vocalize their own frustrations with this busy-body.


And now for something completely different...
Dukes was better than I thought it would be. Completely mindless, juvenile, sophomoric, etc..., but I would not consider it the worst $7 I've ever spent. Plus, Jessica Simpson is pretty dang hot in every scene she's in, so it makes it worthwhile. Not that I promote stereotyping woman and degrading them liek that, but she was dang attractive in that film. Dang attractive.

1 comment:

hannah said...

i don't think you have to justify jessica simpson's hotness.