Monday, October 09, 2006

At the behest of my sister

Sorry Katie, I've been kind of busy lately. But I have some free time now, so here we go!

This past weekend was busy, long, and quite good. I spent Friday working on some homework and hanging out at the house. Friday night the Harrell's had all of Jess' friends over for an Italian dinner, even though she is in Italy, and it was a ton of fun. The food was great, and we got to just hang out in their backyard on the coolest night of the fall so far.

At some point, I think it might have been Thursday night, I found out there is a hole someplace in my air mattress. Suck. I WILL be buying a bed this week, mark my words.

I spent Saturday morning at Reverb, and the whole time was spent on homework, thus I didn't have time to post on here. After work I went over to the Gazebo and watched a few episodes of "Lost", which ended with one of the most ridiculous events thus far. And then Ben had to go to the Christian Showcase. I won't have time to find out what happens next until at least tomorrow night. It hurts. Pete and I went to the showcase, which was much better than Ben made it sound like it was going to be, and then I went home and went to bed early. Like 10. That was crazy.

I got up on Sunday and went to Rolling Hills, where I hung out with 3 and 4 year olds at the 9 AM service. Those kids are so much fun, it's one of my favorite parts of the week. After church my community group went out to lunch at Otters. I love the chicken strips there, and the Texas toast is great too. So great, in fact, that I bought two extra pieces after I finished my meal, and waited up front a good 15 minutes until I asked them where it was and they brought it to me. So I missed out on most of the social time, and that was unfortunate.

Last night was great! Two words: John Mayer.

Jon got free tickets to see him and Sheryl Crow at Starwood. We were pleasantly surprised, albeit confused, to see John open for Sheryl. This allowed us to get out of there with minimal traffic and at a sensible hour, since none of us really cared to see her perform. Mayer played an amazing set, he is so good on electric guitar. It's scary, really. I was mildly disappointed that he didn't play "Bold As Love", since I figured he would have rocked it so much. Alas, it was still a great show.

Although, we did end up sitting in front of four high school girls. At a John Mayer show. We knew it was a bad sign when they were playing their John Mayer ringtones for each other before the show and talking about cheerleading practice (they seriously did this, no joke). As soon as he started his set, they stood up behind us and started screaming out lyrics as loud as they could and shrieking in ecstasy anytime he dang falsetto. They also made sure to sing out extra loud any time he cursed, which was an added bonus. Needless to say, I spent the first several songs laughing hysterically at their antics. It was like having "Nashville's Best" live in your ear. Splendid indeed.

This morning I wrote a paper for business ethics that turned out much less painful than I imagined. I headed over to Showdown for an hour, which was good, and I was actually productive the entire time.

Dr. Gonas got our investments class involved in this University Stock Challenge at the Loew's Vanderbilt hotel. It was actually pretty fun, since it wasn't worth anything and my team did decently well, considering 2 of the 4 of us didn't show up, so we were at a complete disadvantage and still finished up over 100%.

Now I'm here at Reverb, finishing this up and watching The Office before I head back to the house to finish up prep for my International Business debate tomorrow and maybe even some investments homework. There is far too much happening tomorrow, I won't even get into it. Wednesday brings Showdown during the day and a management mid-term in the evening.

Then, freedom.

My fall break will be spent, most likely, doing a whole lot of nothing. I will buy a bed, and I've almost convinced myself to buy a twin instead of a full, since it's not only cheaper, but I also wouldn't have to pay them to deliver it, it could be transported in a friend's SUV. We'll see how this all shakes down.

And now, I'm out.

No comments: