Monday, November 14, 2005

Mondays, boy I hate Mondays, they make me so steamed

I'm not a fan of today so far. Not one bit. The only redeeming elements of this morning were I got a paycheck and I can sit at my computer and listen to Imogen Heap.

Does it make sense that I, having completed 59 credits and being in the process of completing an additional 18, have to register with the sophomores? This basically means that even though I will graduate with or before over 3/4 of the undergrads at the school, I know have to register with or after 3/4 of them. Bitterness anyone? I've got plenty to spare.

I also was supposed to go to an internship fair this morning, and totally forgot about it until there was 30 minutes left. I ran around to print off a few copies of my resume and get there with 15 minutes remaining, so most employers were either gone or packing up. I didn't give out a single resume. I did sign in saying I attended, so I can actually intern this spring, I just need to go talk to the internship department now and take my chances.

Frick it all, today was supposed to be boring and uneventful, just the way I like Mondays to be. The most exciting thing I was supposed to do today was practice with Susan and the crew for her seminar on Wednesday, which I'm still looking forward to, but I'm still just kind of pissed. I need to take a nap or something. But me? Take a nap? Impossible. I'm stuck watching Family Matters re-runs on ABC Family.

I kind of want this week to just be over now. And it's only Monday.

This weekend was a good time, I think. Friday night was work til 10, then played three-handed pinochle with Ben and Jess. That was good, even though I lost (again). Saturday I watched Holiday Inn and made corned beef hotdish, one of my favorite meals ever and enough to last me most of this week. The studio beckoned at 2, and I recorded BGV's for Autumn's song, which went well once the power came back on. Saturday night was the Country Music Showcase, and that was...interesting. The first and third acts were not exactly good, especially the third, who totally were up there as a big joke that was only funny to themselves and made me think the whole time "Thanks for wasting my time so you can have a laugh between friends. Sweet." The other two guys did very well, though I thought the one that didn't win did better than the one who did. The best thing to come out of this is Ben gets to play in Best of the Best, even if it is for a country act. Now we just need to get him in with the Urban or something.

Following the showcase we hung out at the after party until Ben was done,then watched "What Lies Beneath". Sunday was very relaxing, and I was excited to get to watch the Vikings down here, especially considering how badly our offense played in a win against a very good team. There's still hope for us yet.

I need food. Peace out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

talk about credits. I have 63 at the end of this semester. one, ONE STINKING CREDIT, short of being of Junior status so I will registering with the rest of the sophomore class. I understand and feel your pain.

*Danielle*

Anonymous said...

who won?