Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Brought to you by...

I was just looking at the Nashville forecast, and the low tonight is supposed to be 62 degrees. This is ridiculous. It's fricking November 8! Tomorrow has a high of 81. Wow.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the weather at that time had been brought to me by Mexico. Kind of like the National Science Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation and viewers like you, except Mexican.

Today had potential to suck. See, I had this speech that I was supposed to give at 9:30 this morning, and, had I gone, it would have sucked. Hard. Alas, we ran out of time, so I'm first on Thursday, which gives me time to practice so it doesn't suck and I can convince people that they should be nice and give blood.

I still had back-to-back tests this afternoon, but neither was very challenging.

For music publishing, we're supposed to find songs that we think would work in the background of two scenes from Eurotrip. The first is when they first get off the truck and find themselves in Bratoslava or wherever, and apparently they want something moody, unless I think something else fits. I might go euro-techno or something a little different and see how it works. The other scene is when Michelle Tracktenberg first gets to the nude beach and they do the whole slow-motion sequence of her stripping ot her bikini. I'm thinking I might do "Hooked on a feeling", the ooga-chucka version, not the crappy pop ballad. The more I play it in my head, the better it sounds.

Um, lets see... work tomorrow and speech practiceage. I should probably go to the grocery store sometime soon. And I kind of want to go buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Or at least go and decide if I want to buy it, and end up buying something else, like Imogen Heap.

And I'm taking off the video because I can imagine it can get annoying, but here's a link to the video in case you want to watch it again: http://www.hrtwrk.com/video/gooddoctor.mov

No comments: