Monday, November 28, 2005

The Last 72 Hours

Well, Friday night I saw "Walk the Line" with Jenny, and, I must say, it was very good. The story itself was decent enough, but the acting was exceptional. Kudos all around.

Saturday began with my getting hooked on Alias, and was followed by an evening of chilling with the crew, at least those still in town who didn't have boyfriends to hang out with that are apparently more important than seeing me. We also played Apples to Apples, and we almost used all of the green cards. Good times.

I went to church Sunday morning and we headed down to the cities a little after 3. We got to my aunt and uncle's house around 6 and I then proceeded to the Xcel center in St. Paul with sisters Sarah and Abby, cousin Matt, and friend Jessica Pugh. Why did we go here you ask? To see a country show. Big & Rich and Gretchen Wilson were performing, and my sisters love them, so I got some free tickets through Pete's brother. The seats were amazing, the show was pretty sweet, and there were a lot of really awkward drunk people there. It was great.

We got back to my aunt and uncle's around midnight and I tried to fall asleep for a few hours on and off, but I had a bad headache and my ears were still ringing from the show. I finally fell asleep around 4, and slept until 9:30, when my family left to get back home before the blizzard hit that I missed by 24 hours. (That's right, I didn't get to see real snow this weekend. Kind of lame.) My uncle brought me to the airport at 1:30 for my 3:08 flight. Well, 3:08 came and went. So did 4:08. and 5:08. Finally, after a few mechanical problems and a new plane, we began boarding at 5:39. I arrived back in Nashville just before 8, and Tracy and Tim were kind enough to give me a lift back to campus, where, after having my glasses break on me, I have spent the last 3 hours writing a speech that I have to give tomorrow morning. But it's done, and that's all that matters right now.

That and sleep.

No comments: