Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Operation: Mid-terms and mold

So this time tomorrow, I will be in a van on my way to New Orleans. That's insane. I was watching NBC's "Three Wishes" this week and they had a family from New Orleans that they were relocating Brookings, SD (it was much cooler than it sounds typing that out). ANYWAY, they went into NO and found the family's house and showed them some footage of what their house looks like now, and it gave me a bit of an idea of what I am getting into. The most telling part for me was that the host was pretty close to puking on camera from the stench. This does not bode well for me, but we'll see.

In other news, I'm done with classes for the week as of 5:13 yesterday, which is when I finished my Music Publishing mid-term that started at 5 and had 50 questions on it. I love tests like that.

A bunch of us went to Pancake Pantry early this morning (7!) to celebrate making it through the first quarter. We had a great time, and learned all about the Adopt-a-Felon program that Rachel was involved with as a child.

I realize this post has no continuity and keeps jumping from past to future events and back again, but that's the way things are coming right now. Deal with it.

Last night we had the weekly ritual of watching "Gilmore Girls" after Refuge, and I'm glad the characters are starting to not suck so much this season. The first few episodes I just wanted to shoot all of them except Luke. Now the list is much shorter.

After that, Ben, Jessica, Autumn and I played Spades for a few hours, and autumn and I were again victorious. We're basically amazing at cards. Well, Spades at least.

Oh, and Monday night I went to Tower at midnight to buy the new Jamie Cullum and Alicia Keys albums, both of which are... good (I think). Jamie's not quite as much jazz as his first album, so I think that's just gonna take some getting used to. Alicia is good, some of her songs are just OK, and she has a pretty boring monologue in the middle, but it definitely showcases her voice and piano skills over production quality since it's live, so that's a plus. Both of these will get at least a good amount of consideration for listening on the way down tomorrow.

Someone needs to go see North Country this weekend and tell me if it's any good, cause I'll probably end up seeing it anyway since it's set in the MN Iron Range, but I would like to know if it's worth inviting other people along to. So yeah, somebody get on that.

I'll hopefully post Sunday night, but most likely it will be Monday sometime before I have the energy to do so, so until then, peace out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

id like to point out that the adopt a felon program statement looks as if rachel could have been the adopted felon and not the adopter of the felon.

~weed

Anonymous said...

it was my TRUCKER BUDDY! in 3rd grade!! You have to remember, in what 1994(?) those people weren't quite as scary... or so i like to tell myself :-P
I'll be prayin for you in New Orleans
much love
Rach