Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm a twentysomething

Speaking of, new Jamie Cullum releases stateside October 11, 2005.

I'm pretty sure that I could write for quite a while right now. I'll try and spread it out over a few days to save you the effort, but here it is.

The rumors are true. I am no longer a teenager. This is so insanely odd for me to comprehend. I think of someone who's 20 as being on their way to adulthood, if they're not already there, and that this milestone is a joyous point on their journey. The problem for me is that I don't think I'm ready for that. I mean, I am in college, and, in all reality, will be completely on my own in a mere 20 months or so. I guess I always imagine adults as having desk jobs or manual labor jobs, neither of which I plan on having if I can control it. So, while many would think that this new age gives me new responsibilities and opportunities, I just see this as upping the ante in my quest to remain young. Not physically, but mentally. I'm sure you get the idea of this whole thing, so I won't keep on rambling trying to explain myself.

Yesterday was a pretty dang boring day for the most part. I got up at 8 and opened the package that my parents had sent me last week, which also had a present from my little sister in it. Then, work struck like the plague from 11-2, which wasn't terrible since I was able to watch the first season of the Cosby Show that I had opened that morning. Steph also brought me a cupcake, which was excellent. Then chilled out from 2-5, followed by work from 5-10. Around 9, a big group of my friends showed up with cake and toilet paper (don't ask). They stayed until my shift was done, and then we parted ways as I went back to the apartment and did a bit of homework. So that's what my day entailed.

My new testament class is taught by Keanu Reeves. Just an fyi.

Has it really been over a week since I posted on here? Odd.

When are the good movies gonna come out? Seriously. Oh yeah, Hitchhiker's comes out next Tuesday. You have to go into this movie thinking it will be completely ridiculous, because it will be. Mos Def does an excellent job, and once you get past the over-abundance of dolphins at the beginning, you'll love it.

Umm...yeah, that's it.

3 comments:

jimaal said...

oh my goodness i thought that movie was just horribly bad.

1) mos def might have had the only GOOD performance

2) why the f did sam rockwell look like owen wilson so much?

3) it was supa supa boring

4) it totally missed it's mark for being really funny and awesome

two thumbs down please

markymark said...

dude, hannah and i laughed out loud several times during hgttg. and i know you went with jackie and you both hated it... who should be the deciding vote? how about aana?

jimaal said...

oookkkkkk