Sunday, September 25, 2005

Green Card: Touchy-Feely; Red Card: Hellen Keller

So yesterday I did the following:

Watched Hitchcock's "Rear Window" - A classic.

Watched the Gopher's beat Purdue - Also a classic, really one of the best games I've seen in quite a while.

Won 23 straight games of Free Cell - a new personal best.

Birthday dinner for Rachel at Chili's - only the second time I've been there, but still very good, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Apples to Apples at the girls' apartment - So much fun, we're playing again tonight. Tracy and I have to settle the tie we ended with last night.

So that was my day. Not bad overall. Today has been good so far, with the Vikings winning (finally) and the Packers losing.

So I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go on a Katrina Relief trip over Fall Break. My options are:
• Slidell, LA
• Biloxi, MS
• Picayune, MS
I want to go, and I think I will go, but right now these are the only details I have on the trips at all. I could really care less which place I end up, maybe I'll just sign up for the one with the fewest people on it. I don't think it'll cost too much either, seeing as the only thing needed to reserve a spot is a $10 deposit. When they first announced these trips, I was really excited, but now my excitement has lagged. I'm going to talk to University Ministries tomorrow to see if they know anything more, and I'll hopefully have my decision made by tomorrow evening.

I don't think I have any homework due this week, so I don't plan on doing a whole lot. I do think I'm going to do a paper for NT that's not due until next week. Yes, you read that right, I might do homework further in advance than the day before it is due. This is a new concept for me, and I don't expect it to catch on anytime soon.

The Family Guy movie comes out on Tuesday. It better be funny. I'm deciding whether I want to buy it now or watch someone else's copy and wait to get it for Christmas. Actually, I have a few sisters who are still promising me birthday presents, maybe I'll drop a hint or four there.

I want some new music. I might be able to wait until the new Jamie Cullum in a few weeks. We'll see though. Wait, the "Songs Inspired by the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" releases Tuesday. Might have to pick that up.

The first new episode of The Office was hilarious. Keep it coming boys.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Rear Window is indeed a hell of a movie.

P "N" K said...

Oh Gopher Game I probably will remember you forever. You were so fun. And the seats were so good.