Sunday, July 31, 2005

Wheels just keep on turning, the drummer begins to drum

Let's see....

I think I've decided on a car, and it turned out to be door number 4: a blue 1996 Ford Taurus. It's a good car, and it's a great deal, so I can't really pass it up. All I'll need to do is add a CD player and I'll be set. I'll hopefully be getting that early this week (Tuesdayish).

My little sister got back from a 2 week mission trip to Detroit last night, so that was good. Now she's home for a week, then gone for a week, and then I'm gone. Crazy.

I've got the first few days of this week off of work because we couldn't find any, so I'm going clothes shopping tomorrow in St. Cloud and Albertville. I don't mind shopping if I can do it on my schedule and not have to wait for my sisters who will try on 12 shirts and buy 2 at the most.

The trailer for "Walk the Line" is online now, and it looks pretty sweet. Joaquin Phoenix does an excellent Johnny Cash, and I think he'll definitely be an Oscar contendor this year. Other new trailers: "V for Vendetta" (Natalie Portman looks hot even witha shaved head) and "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" (Why did I even watch this trailer? I hate 50 Cent, and I hope his movie bombs, which it won't for the same reason he could release a new album of crap every week and they would all go platinum.)

I'm out at Camp Shamineau right now helping with registration for the new week. It gives me something to do since most of my friends end up 1. working or 2. napping on Sunday afternoons.

The past 2 weekends in movies have kind of sucked, I'm not gonna lie. Actually, next weekend's probably gonna suck too, since the only wide release is "Dukes of Hazzard". Sure it'll be the top movie for the weekend, but it's biggest competition will be 2 movies that have already been out for 3 weeks. Hey, at least we have "Deuce Bigalow:European Gigolo" to look forward to on the 19th.

Speaking of the 19th, that's the day I'll be traveling to somewhere in Illinois for a night's respite before taking Nashville by storm. Maybe I'll hit DB:EG that night. Or maybe not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are getting a new car? What about the other one?

-So confused.

markymark said...

the explorer is my parents and gets terrible gas mileage, so i'm getting one that makes it semi-affordable to drive from here to tn and back

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you are kidding about "Deuce Bigalow:European Gigolo".