Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My dilemma for the day (and probably a few more after this)

So, I'm trying to find a car to take back with me to Nashville. Right now, I have three main options:

1. 1995 Chrysler LHS: It's a bigger sedan, four doors, with nice leather interior. Silverish exterior. Also the cheapest of the three.
2. 1999 Mercury Sable GS: A medium/large sedan, four doors, decent interior. Kind of that greenish color with a hint of blue on the outside. Right now, probably trailing the other two.
3. 1996 Chrysler Sebring JXi Convertible: A white, two-door convertible with pretty much all the bells and whistles. Nice leather, 5-disc cd system with new speakers. Basically I would have already bought this car if it wasn't for 2 reasons:
a. Money: It's a bit more than I wanted to pay for a car, and insurance on it might be pretty steep.
b. Size: I think it's smaller than I'd like it to be, but still, it's a fricking convertible, so I could learn to deal.

All of these cars have roughly the same miles on them and get roughly the same gas mileage, so that's not a factor either. Basically, I think it's going to come down to whether or not I can afford the convertible. If I can, it's mine. If I can't, then I'll take the LHS.

This all assumes that no one buys any of the cars before I decide.

This week looks like it will be a pretty decent work week. I'm getting payed for 25 already, and I'll most likely get another 40 before the week is out. Sounds good to me.

It's actually kind of cool here this week, which is in stark contrast to the last 2-3 around here. I realize we've got nothing like the heat the southern-Midwest has had, but I'm definitely enjoying being able to wear jeans after work and not feel gross.

Next album on the horizon: "Why Should the Fire Die?" by Nickel Creek. It lands August 9 (2 weeks from today) and if it's anything like their first 2 albums, it'll be simply amazing. I've heard a few of the songs, and I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Dude, only 23 days until I leave for school. I'd use an exclaimation mark there, but I don't think it portrays the correct emotion. Not that a period does it justice either, but I'd rather people thought I was subdued than freakish. An exclaimation point, in my mind, screams "Insane cheerleader." I could just as well say "Oh my gosh! Only 23 days until I'm back on campus! I'm, like, totally excited! Yeah Belmont!" But that's not the proper context for this statement. It's more of an eagerness for the future with an eye on the present. I'm still in B-town, and I'm gonna act the same way I have all summer, but I'm also anticipating my return to Nashvegas. So yeah, that's how oyu should take it.

Peace out.

2 comments:

P "N" K said...

About my only typing pet peeve.

Paid.

Moving on. Man I think the typical midwestern relaxed attitude must extent for school as well. We don't move in until like 9/3. So that's like 38 days or something.

Convertible sounds pretty cool, i'm not gonna lie. Hope it happens.

markymark said...

sorry parker, i'll hcange it if you want, but then people would be confused by the comment, so i'll leave it until otherwise requested.