Friday, July 08, 2005

Things I've done since last we talked

Right off the bat, I need to discuss War of the Worlds. I saw it on Sunday with Hannah, Ashley and Boos, and we went to the theater in Jenkins. Impressions fo the theater: quaint. It's pretty small, but it has five screens, so the theaters only hold like 150 people at most. And the best seats for the stadium seating are towards the back. Like a half hour before it started, Boos was tlaking about some girl's lactating nipples, and the guy in front of us asked him to be quieter, but he was kind of rude about it. It got Boos quiet though. The movie itself was very well done, and I liked it overall. There were some plot points that didn't quite add up, and the ending made everyone in the thater go "What the frick?", but beyond that, it was decent, no matter how bad Ashley says it sucked. Boos even thought it was decent, so that's saying something. Not nearly as good as Batman Begins though.

Let's see... I had people over last night and we watched Lif of Brian, which was pretty good, but not nearly as funny as The Holy Grail.

We went swimming at Erin's a few nights ago, and then played the final game of Shout About Movies Vol 2, which was much harder than the second game, and the guys cleaned up with a score of like 100-0 (literally) because the girls thought that Star Wars came out during the Reagen admininistration, and the boys knew that Indecent Proposal came out during Clinton's tenure.

I got a new CD in the mail yesterday. It's Andy Davis' "Thinks About Her", and it's very very good. He's a recent Belmont grad with lots of talent and I think he'll make it big eventually. If you like acoustic pop with a bit more piano (think almost Billy Joel meets Jack Johnson), it's at least worth checking out http://www.myspace.com/andydavis . "Black Keys" is my favorite as this point.

I have 3 friends who are interning in London this summer, 2 of whom were on the London subway system when the bombs went off. Luckily, they weren't near them, and all three are doing fine. I think it's insane that people would do things like that. And it's really only a matter of time before something like this happens again in the U. S. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. Do you ever find yourself thinking "If I was a terrorist, I would bomb this", or "I would attack on this day"? 'Cuz I do. Is that odd?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I think that all the time about being a terrorist. Especially when the news shows have specials showing how to poison food or water to kill a whole state. On NATIONAL NEWS! Only in America! Stupid newscasters.

P "N" K said...

Seriously though...if they wanted to we're screwed. border patrol on mexico? haha.

Canada? Oh man.

CM said...

I find myself doing that too when I get bored or am wandering in Target or driving down the interstate. Maybe this art history thing is just a cover for my IRA work

CM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.