Saturday, June 18, 2005

Workin on the chain gang

I worked over 50 hours this week. Dang. Same next week too.

Um, well, I haven't done much since the last time I posted.

I can't stand those signs on the highway that say "Speed patrolled by aircraft". Let's think about this for a second: Have you ever seen a plane going over while driving in one of those areas? I haven't. Does the government really think we're that gullible to believe something so outrageous? But, for a moment, let's assume that the signs are accurate. There are a few logical reasons why they would do this:
1. Because it saves time for the patrolmen.
2. Because it saves money.
3. Because it catches more offenders.

The first one, I have no idea if it would, but that's not a valid reason to do this. The second one, can't be accurate. You not only have to pay the pilot and copilot, just like a driver in a normal car, but I'm pretty sure jet fuel costs a crapload more than regular gas. And the third, seriously, maybe it will catch a few more people, but not enough to make up for the extra cost for the fuel.

Now, let's say that they actually catch someone speeding; how do they pull them over? Do they yell from a megaphone for them to pull over while they complete their descent? Makes no sense at all.

I kind of want to get Newsradio on DVD.

3 comments:

Josh said...

If you went to Lowell, please show up for the Ms. Uppgaard video. This is when we will be taping:

Friday, 24th at Lowell Playground- 4 pm.
Saturday, 25 Boardwalk Bread and Bagel - 4pm. If you cannot make it please contact me 820-5304 and we can arrange something else. Please come with memories of your times in her class and thanks to share with her. Also, inform your classmates and drag them along.

Erik said...

But think of the money made by working 100 hours in two weeks!!

Erik said...

I know who I'd try (unsuccessfully) to mooch money off of!!