Monday, June 27, 2005

Where art thou dog?

A few unfortunate notes on movies:
1. Went to Bewitched tonight, and the best thing I can say about it is that it's not the worst movie I've ever seen (Anybody else see Down With Love? No? Good for you.) It had its moments, but it also had one of the most lame falling in love scenes in cinematic history. Seriously.
2. While at Movies 10, I thought I'd make sure that there is a midnight showing of War of the Worlds. So I asked. And nope, there is no midnight show. So I'm forced to see it at a normal time. Dang you Mann Theatres and your stupid British spelling!
3. I'm changing the time for Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D to the 2:35 showing. Jackie is joining me, and anyone else who so desires is more than welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Bewitched however, I really liked Down With Love. Give it another chance.

P "N" K said...

Pretty sure any Episode II "love" scene makes Bewitched pale in comparison.

markymark said...

good call parker. I think you can throw any love dialogue in episode III in there too.

"Hold me, like you did on Naboo, when there was no war, no politics,..."

I wonder if they had to drug Natalie Protman to get her to say that. I hope so.

jimaal said...

actually i really liked down with love too. not only was it fun and entertaining, but it was also unique in it's own way. i mean, the only other movie i can think of that took the likings of 50s romantic comedies and put into a present day package would be 'far from heaven,' which actually, wasn't a comedy at all.