Monday, June 13, 2005

I know I released a dove today

Things I did this weekend:

A. Got a free bread machine at a garage sale that's supposed to work, so I'll have to try that out before I bring it back to school with me.

B. Watched Life Aquatic at Aana's, and it was pretty quirky, but still good.

C. Watched Amelie at Nikki's, and it was much better than I expected, and still very Euro at the same time.

D. Saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith last night with Hannah and Maya, which was very entertaining. Would have been even more so if the incompetent freaks in front of us weren't throwing popcorn at each other and if some people realized that not everything Vince Vaghaun says is hilarious. These also led to the group conclusion that movie theaters should institute breathalizers for movies after 9 PM. Good for everyone involved.

E. Went to Parker and Chris Woodard's open houses, which were the first Brainerd ones of the season for me, and both had good food, which was a huge plus since my mother was gone and I was too lazy to make myself some lunch on Sunday.

F. I'm going to abandon the letters now, because my weekend is over.

BUT, today was filled with the joys of work, as well the long-awaited resolution of the Michael Jackson trial. Pretty sure I can't believe he wasn't found guilty of SOMETHING. But, had he been found guilty of anything, I think the following would have taken place:

1. Jury announces guilty verdict.
2. Jackson pretends to collapse in the courtroom and is subsequently rushed to the hospital.
3. Jackson's body is replaced with the body of the real Michael that was abducted circa 1993 and has had post-mortem plastic surgery to look like the imposter.
4. The pedophilial Jackson flees the country on a boat and heads for Africa, where he tries to blend in while everyone else in the world mourns the loss of such a great artist.
5. Pseudo-Jackson's attempts to blend in in Africa come up empty as he is not black, and did not choose to live in South Africa.
6. The U. S. extradicts the freak to America and charges him with kidnapping, murder, identity theft, and numerous other charges, of which he is found guilty.
7. Rinse and repeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're Michael Jackson theory is right on, very funny.