Sunday, June 26, 2005

Keepin' it real in the 218

Update, update, update...

Well, it was another banner week for work. I figured out I made more money in the last two weeks than I did all last summer at camp. Too bad all of this goes towards a car and tuition. And a digital camera too.

Now, though, I have the week basically off! It's gonna be so nice to sleep in. I'll have to work a few hours on 2 days, but otherwise I can do what I please. As a part of this new-found (and short-lived) freedom, I've decided to declare the upcoming week a Personal Roots Week. What does this mean, you ask? Well, basically I'm gonna do my best to only listen to music and watch movies that came out before the year 2000. Should be a blast.

The only exception I'm making for this is theatrical releases. And I'm planning on seeing the following films: Bewitched, War of the Worlds, maybe Batman Begins again (which was AMAZING the first time) and... The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D. Yes, that's right, it's only showing at matinee times now, so this is my last chance, and it's been out long enough that it's probably going to pretty empty in the theater. So I'm planning on seeing it on Tuesday at like 12:30 or whatever's closest to that. If anyone else wants to join me, it should be a good time of making fun of a crappy movie in 3-D. And if that doesn't sound like a good time, I don't want to know what does.

2 comments:

hannah said...

MARK

i will go see war o worlds, bewitched and batman begins again with you just call me.

but shark boy and lava girl? ugh. i know you don't expect it to be good, but ugh.

P "N" K said...

Bewitched was a good movie. I liked it.