Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Does this make any sense?

further evidence that I have no life: I just sat down and figured out the price per meal for each of the meal plans offered at belmont and I am offically appalled. The plan I have right now is all 20 meals (brunch on Sundays) and comes out to $5.21 per meal. The next closest plan costs the exact same amount, but you only get 16 meals/week and an extra $100 worth of "Bruin Bucks" (basically money to pay for meals when you overuse your meal plan). This averages out to $6.11 per meal. The smallest plan is 10 meals/ week, plus $225 Bruin Bucks, for an average of $6.83 per meal! How big of a rip off is that?

Now, consider this: If I ate every meal at the caf and just used cash to pay each time, it would average out to $5.84. This plan makes the most sense, but they don't allow you to do it if you live in campus housing, so I'm stuck over-paying for a crappy buffet. I'm a little bitter.

But I get to go home tomorrow, so its all good.

No comments: