Saturday, August 26, 2006

So much time and so little to do! Strike that...

Wow, so quite a bit has happened since I posted on Tuesday.

1. I got my internship! It's with Showdown Management, a smaller company with three full time employees. I'll be working in their publishing department mainly, but there will be lots of other opportunities in different areas as the semester goes on. Should be good, and I'm there on Mondays and Wednesdays.

2. A group of us went to Little Miss Sunshine, which is at times awkward, at times hilarious, and on the whole an excellent movie. There are several things that you will not see coming until they're happening, and that made those events that much funnier.

3. Classes started on Wednesday, and between Wed and Thurs I had all of my classes once. Most of them will be extremely easy, just a bit time-consuming with weekly or daily assignments. This translates into me actually having to buy most of my books, a rather unfortunate turn of events. Whatever, I'll get over it.

4. I figured out my schedule for this semester at Reverb, which currently is Mon-Tues 5-10 and Saturday 10-3. I may revise this a bit, probably try and get Tuesday down to 4-7 or something like that, and if they want to add an hour to Saturday or something I guess I can do that.

5. All of this translates into a completely open Friday, with no responsibilities in the world. I spent yesterday getting the house ready for...

6. Jess' going away party. I was pleased with how it went; everyone seemed to have a good time. I met a couple of pretty cool people and hung out with a bunch of cool people I already knew, so that's always a good night. Jess leaves for Italy on Monday, and I hope the party wasn't painful or anything but that she was able to see her friends once more, play some cards, take some pictures, and say goodbye. She's only gone 'til Christmas, that's not that long anyway.

All of this leads up to today, and me sitting here at 9 when I wanted to sleep in until 10 and was unable to get past 8:30. Kind of stupid, but at least it wasn't 5:30 or something REALLY stupid like that. The rest of my day is pretty open. I'm playing Rummikub with Pete, Kurt, and Tyler at some point, and Ben and I are watching some Alias this afternoon too. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go to the Dave Barnes/Andy Davis/ David somebody show, which would normally be a no-brainer, but it costs $15, which is about $5 more than I want to spend on that.

Things on my current To-Do Eventually list:
1. Spend a late night over pancakes
2. See Snakes on a Plane
3. Finish reading the Ted Dekker book I started last month
4. BUY A BED!

No comments: