Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Everybody knows but you

The past week has been pretty normal. I'm really close to being done with my flu/cold from last week. I'm currently on day 10 of that. Good times.

Gotee was fine today, I got there a bit late due to the uber-lame seminar we had to go to, but once I was there it was good. I had to force myself to stop working at 4, so I guess that's always a good sign.

So I've gone to Best Buy twice now to try and buy Frou Frou's "Details", and both times they've been out of it. Lame.

I received a copy of Dave Barnes' new album, Chasing Mississippi, on Monday, and I must say it is excellent. I hope I can make it to the album release show on Saturday with Andy Davis. I'm supposed to pick up some copies for Reverb at the show, so I guess I kind of have to go.

You ever wonder if you're really dense about some things? cuz I do all the time.

My aunt (pronounced like it's spelled, thank you very much) is down in Nashville for a work conference this week, so we went out for dinner last night. The food was good, and I got caught up on the family news. Apparently she has a girl who's working in her office while she's in grad school that would be perfect for me. Man, between her and Rachel's friend in CO, I guess my options are growing. Fun...

It's official: I'm going to Florida over spring break. This will be a ton of fun, hanging out with Tim, Jon, and Ryan at my aunt (again, same pronounciation)and uncle's house in Fort Meyers. Only 5 weeks away too. Ridiculous.

My sister Sarah and some friends are coming down here next weekend to hang out, which'll be fun. Plus, she's bringing me some stuff I left at home at Christmas, so that's a bonus. It's also Super Bowl weekend (I pick the Steelers 24-17), and Pete's girlfriend Alyson is coming up too. Should be pretty packed overall.

And now I'm sitting here in Reverb, just waiting for the next 4 hours to pass so that I get money but don't have to be here. I think I might get some homework done too. We'll see.

Jessica had an away message today that was a quote from Jim Elliot, and I liked it: "The man who will not act until he knows all will never act at all." If only I were brave enough to remember that.

1 comment:

CoachDub said...

Some linguistics guy did a survey of the pronunciation of "aunt." About 75% of the country says "ant." I alwasy said "ant" until I moved to Minnesota.
Dialect Survey

Minnesotans may say it how it is spelled, but then again, try getting a Minnesotan to pronounce "bag."