Sunday, January 08, 2006

Thong Zone: Frisky Rears

Dang it, I suck at this. I should have updated a few days ago. My bad.

So Passion was ridiculous, awesome, amazing, and everything in between. I am so happy I decided to go, not only was the conference itself great but I went with a great group of friends, and I loved every minute of it.

The theme for Passion this year was suffering, and how, according to John Piper, "the universe was created to display the greatness of the glory of the grace of God" and this is best expressed through the suffering of Christ and how we glorify God when we follow this example. This whole message was made abundantly clear through several people, all revolving around the death of a friend of mine just before Christmas. I saw as her death and suffering maginfied the life of service and intensity for God that she led, how one of her best friends dealt with this with patience, love, reflection, and pain, and how 18,000 college students were impacted by her life and death through Beth Moore's use of her as an example on Tuesday night. It was definitely a remarkable experience to witness and be a part of.

Since the conference finished on Thursday afternoon, I have done a whole lot of relaxing. Thursday night we played a variation on Scrabble, which resulted in the title of this post and was lots of fun, particularly because we were all soooooo tired. I spent the day on Friday, after waking around 12:30, working on the 3-d puzzle of San Fransisco that I received from my parents for Christmas. Friday night we watched the Last Samurai, a great movie that I mostly slept through. I finished San Fran Saturday morning, then played volleyball at Centennial for a bit. Grocery shopping ensued following this, followed by dinner at Panera and a night of chatting and Apples to Apples (which I got amazing cards for and won a ton of rounds, causing everyone else to resent my success and bitterly conspire against me at every chance possible.) Today was church, Jason's Deli, and now I'm back, chilling out for a bit until we get together to talk about Passion and then go to Community Group.

This week has also been spent watching season 2 of Alias, which is completely addictive and entertaining. I am currently on the first episode of disc 5 of 6. I'll probably finish sometime tomorrow.

And finally, I begin my internship on Wednesday. Rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what hours do you work on wednesday? i work 10-4. if you are close to that time we should car pool. let me know.

*Danielle*