Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Guaranteed to blow your mind

All right, I'll try not to put a ton of stuff in one post so that I don't post for awhile again. Cuz that would be sad.

First: Internship
I've only worked one day (last Wednesday), but it went fine. I'll be working on a big project for several weeks to start out, which involves organizing, cataloging, and shipping all their old master recordings. Good times.

Second: Classes
Again, I've only had one day of these, and it was pretty uneventful. I don't think this semester will be too terrible, but there are a lot of little assignments that I need to remember to keep doing every week or I'll be screwed.

Third: Michigan
Because of MLK Day, Belmont did not have classes on Monday. Thus, ten of us went to a friend's house in Michigan to hang for the weekend. It was originally supposed to be a trip for the southerners to experience real snow, but Ann Arbor had none when we got there. Thankfully, it snowed like half an inch the first night, so we did some sledding and used pretty much all the snow in the yard for snowball fights and football. It mostly melted by Saturday evening, so we spent most of the rest of the time relaxing and checking out Dexter and Ann Arbor. Me and Jess also got several people addicted to Nertz, a kind of group solitaire game, and we played dozens upon dozens of rounds.

Last: The Flu
My roommate Pete went with on the trip and ended up getting sick the first night, and is still recovering today. Well, Monday evening rolls around and I have a fever, by body is cold, and I have a headache. Monday night was almost a complete loss, between throwing up and not being able to find a happy medium temperature-wise. Yesterday I skipped all my classes and spent the day chilling out. I think this morning my fever is better, maybe gone altogether, but now my nose and throat are killing me. I have internship in 30 minutes and I'm still deciding if I should go or not. Waiting on a phone call...

No comments: